Anyone, regardless of age, who lives, works, goes to school, or owns property in Bossier Parish may register to borrow materials from Bossier Parish Libraries free of charge. Active military members and their dependents are not required to show proof of eligibility when presenting a valid, unexpired military ID card.
- Bring any form of identification with your current mailing address to the circulation desk at any of our library locations.
- If you do not have a photo ID with a current Bossier Parish address listed, you will need to provide additional forms along with your photo ID for verification purposes. Acceptable forms of verification include, but are not limited to: voter registration card, Louisiana car registration, proof of property ownership, current utility bill, signed lease agreement, rent receipt, etc.
- All materials charged on your card are your responsibility.
- Notify the library if your address or phone number has changed or if you lose your card.
- Materials may be renewed twice except DVDs, magazines, and laptops.
- Library cards expire after three years and may be renewed, in person, free of charge.
Additionally, anyone who has an active library card and is in good standing with any of the parishes within the Green Gold Library System may also apply for a library card with Bossier Parish Libraries. Parishes included in the Green Gold Library System are: Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Grant, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, Webster, and Winn.
For more information about getting a library card, see our Registration Policy.