Get a Library Card?

e-Card Registration

eCards will grant you immediate access to our Libby/OverDrive and Hoopla platforms for borrowing eBooks, digital graphic novels, eAudiobooks, streaming movies, tv series, and music.  eCards will expire 14 days from the date of issue.  During this 14-day period, you will need to come to the library with proper ID and proof of eligibility (listed below) to receive a full-access card valid for 3 years.

Apply for an eCard

Library Card Requirements

Anyone, regardless of age, who livesworksgoes to school, or owns property in Bossier Parish may register to borrow materials from Bossier Parish Libraries free of charge.  Active military members and their dependents are not required to show proof of eligibility when presenting a valid, unexpired military ID card.

  • Bring any form of identification with your current mailing address to the circulation desk at any of our library locations.
    • If you do not have a photo ID with a current Bossier Parish address listed, you will need to provide additional forms along with your photo ID for verification purposes.  Acceptable forms of verification include, but are not limited to:  voter registration card, Louisiana car registration, proof of property ownership, current utility bill, signed lease agreement, rent receipt, etc.
  • All materials charged on your card are your responsibility.
  • Notify the library if your address or phone number has changed or if you lose your card.
  • Materials may be renewed twice except DVDs, magazines, and laptops.
  • Library cards expire after three years and may be renewed, in person, free of charge.

Additionally, anyone who has an active library card and is in good standing with any of the parishes within the Green Gold Library System may also apply for a library card with Bossier Parish Libraries.  Parishes included in the Green Gold Library System are: Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Grant, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, Webster, and Winn.

What is a Temporary Card?

What can I do if I'm staying in Bossier Parish long-term but don't have a permanent address in Bossier Parish?

There can be several reasons you might be staying within Bossier Parish long-term but do not have a permanent Bossier Parish address:  if you're here for several months for work, if you're staying in a hotel for a while, if you're in a rehab facility, if you're here on government assignment, if you're staying in a shelter, or any other reason you don't currently have a permanent address.  If any of these situations apply to you, ask us about a temporary card!


For more information about getting a library card, or our different card types, see our Registration Policy.