Library Board of Control
What Is a Library Board of Control?
The Bossier Parish Library Board of Control is the governing body of the Bossier Parish Libraries system. The Library Board of Control is comprised of community members of Bossier Parish who are appointed by the Bossier Parish Police Jury to serve five-year terms; appointees may serve more than one term. The purpose of the Library Board of Control is to ensure that citizens of Bossier Parish are provided information resources, recreational reading, cultural and historical materials, and civic services normally associated with public libraries.
To contact the Library Board of Control, you may email the Director of Libraries, Heather McEntee (email@example.com) or the library's administrative assistant, Leslie Ivy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a voicemail can be left at 318.746.8072.
Correspondance can be sent to their attention at:
Bossier Parish Libraries
4915 Shed Road
Bossier City, LA 71111
What Does a Library Board of Control Do?
La. R.S. 25:215 states that the board of control shall have authority to establish rules and regulations for its own government and that of the library not inconsistent with law.
Practically speaking, the board:
- Employs and evaluates the library director.
- Establishes and adopts written library policies.
- Works to secure adequate funding for the library system.
- Adopts the library system’s annual budget.
- Is responsible for providing and maintaining library facilities, resources and services.
- Develops the library’s plan of service, setting short and long range goals and objectives.
- Serves as a connecting link between the library and the community, actively promoting and advocating for the library.
- Upholds ethical responsibilities established by the Louisiana Board of Ethics with truth, integrity, and honor.
Library Board of Control
Elmore Morris, President
Bob Brotherton, Vice President
Interested in Serving on the Library Board of Control?
A résumé and letter of interest can be submitted to the Bossier Parish Police Jury at P.O. Box 70, Benton, LA 71006.
Library Board meetings are on the 4th Thursday of every month at 1:00PM at the library's Administrative Office Building located at 4915 Shed Road in Bossier City. There is no meeting in November. The December meeting is held on the first Thursday. All Library Board meetings are open to the public.
Next Regular Meeting: September 23, 2021